Welcome Brynn Marie: A Natural Home Birth Story

It was 3pm on Sunday, Courtney was 5 days overdue, when she sent the text that read:

“You can come over now”.

I arrived at 3:25pm, and less than an hour later beautiful Brynn Marie entered the world. This is the story of her family’s journey.

Courtney had the most incredible support group including Mia Davies from Beginnings Midwifery Care, and her doula (above), Skyla Bradley with Blooming Bellies.

Gavin patiently awaited Brynn’s arrival, watching Thomas the Tank Engine and coming in for a peek every now and then.

Dustin holding Gavin as he caught first glimpse of his new sister:

Dustin holding Brynn for the first time.

She weighed a healthy 3.48 Kg’s (7 lbs 10 oz).

The happy family.

Mom and daughter.

This video was created for Courtney. She had passed along a video of a water birth and it greatly inspired me to capture her moment with video as well as stills. She didn’t realize there was video taken, so it was nice to be able to surprise her with it this morning.

Thank you Courtney, Dustin and Gavin for the honour and privilege of capturing Brynn’s first moments in the world. You have a beautiful family, I wish you nothing but happiness and the best in all things.

xo Hailey

For more birth photography, please visit Hailey Nordstrom Photography’s offshoot: Arrivals Birth Photography.

March 24th, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Those photos are beautiful, and brought a tear to my eye. What a privilege to be able to share in such a sacred and special moment. You inspire me as a photographer.

Skyla Bradley
March 24th, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Absolutely beautiful. Love LOVE the video, it is put together perfectly, showing the beauty and strength of birth… yet so gentle and soft at the same time. Hailey, you are brilliant.

Tracy
March 24th, 2011 at 8:48 pm

wow this is beautiful! warmed my heart!

March 25th, 2011 at 10:15 am

These are so beautiful! Wow! Very touching! I`d love to use them for my blog but I need your approval. Please contact me!

Hailey
March 29th, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Dallas,
Thank you so much for the kind words. It truly was a privilege to be able to capture these moments for the Courtney & Dustin.

Skyla,
Thank you! You are an incredible doula – you truly have an aura of calm about you, which in turn helped everyone feel very relaxed and welcome.

Tracy,
Thanks for checking out the blog!

Shelley,
You are more than welcome to use this post for your blog! Please let me know if you need anything further from me!

June 11th, 2011 at 8:41 am

These photos are truly inspirational and beautiful. As a doula myself I have had the chance to witness many of these loving moments. Thank you for capturing them for this family to remember the rest of their lives
Heather Hill